Yoga Personal Development – 200 hours
A training to move into awakening yourself. Dive deep into yourself to explore body, mind and spirit.
The core question is ‘WHO AM I?’
The first steps towards bringing yoga teachings towards others is to travel the journey yourself. This training is a personal development program and focused on your individual development. The training is based on the 8-fold path of yoga. The first 6 limbs are integrated in the program. Three schools of philosophy are integrated in this program: Yoga, Samkhya & Vedanta
Practices like, asana, pranayama (kriyas), mantras, meditation, intro to chakra’s, intro to ayurveda principles, basic anatomy, philosophy (bhagavad gita & yoga sutra’s) are all applied to personal development.
Philosophy applied to your personal development. In this training we discuss philosophy of Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, with a focus on 6 of the 8 limbs of yoga, Samkhya Philosophy (Bhagavad Gita) and Vedanta. You will learn how to apply this in your daily life, in your yoga practice and in your teachings to others. You will be guided to explore yourself through the philosophies. We will explore the goal of yoga, what is a guru, the workings of the mind, klesha’s antaraya’s, the goal of yoga, purushartha (the aims of life). This practical approach will help you to live up to your higher Self.
What is yoga and it’s applications
What is (hatha) yoga and it’s applications.
The 3 pointers of Asana practice: Prana – Bandha – Dhristi
The Hatha Yoga Key poses will be our main focus in this training program. We will practice the asana’s and also focus on how to approach them in different ways. We will cover building strength, alignment, breath, bandhas, focus and variations for each asana. The teachings will be applied to your own body and you will learn by observing other students as well.
Categories of asana covered:
- dynamic and static approach
- forward bends
- backward bends
You will learn the Dutch, English and sanskrit name, the benefits of each pose.
Find out the importance of relaxing. You will learn to relax and experience the benefits of deep relaxation. We will explore and experience different relaxation techniques. You will be able to create relaxation mediations for yourself and your students.
Pranayama & Mudra’s
What is Prana? What is a mudra?
Pranayama techniques such as Kapalabhati, Nadi Shodhana, Anuloma Viloma will be covered.
We will work on a personal practice of pranayama to integrate into your daily practice.
Mudra’s and the workings of specific mudra’s
During the training, you will explore some of the most important mantras to connect to the divine through sacred sound. What is a mantra? Why and how does it work?
Cleansing through pranayama
Learn to use the Neti kriya.
Also, kriya’s as part of Ayurveda (knowledge of life) teachings
A practical approach to anatomy. These are living anatomy teachings. You will experience the anatomy teaching in the practice. How to look at asana’s and strengthen the weakest parts of the body. The workings of the meridians and fascia.
We will explore the joints and glands and how each body can be differently approached
Every single body is different and we need to respect that. During this training, you will connect to your own body, it’s strengths and weaknesses. You will learn how to adjust your own practice and how to help other to adjust in poses.
Energy Anatomy – Chakra & Kosha’s
An introduction to the subtle bodies: the anatomy of chakras, koshas, nadis and vayus. We will dive deeper into the effects of yoga practice.
An introduction to Ayurveda (the Science of life). You will learn about the dosha’s, prakruti (born natural constitution) and vikruti (current imbalance). This will help you see with a holistic eye to your overall health and lifestyle.
Self practice & Journaling
Your practice is yourr real teacher. During the training, your practice will be deepened on the mat and off the mat.
Journaling the process is required. We ask your commitment to practice daily asana, pranayama, kriyas and meditation.
The Yoga Personal Development will allow you to experience and dive deep into yoga practices for your own personal development. You will gain in depth self-insight.
– learn tools to apply to your daily life and practice
– increase discipline, focus and commitment to yourself and your practice
– learn to liberate yourself from old restricting patterns
– purify body, mind and spirit
– above all you will awaken yourself
What we require from you
- We require you to have practiced yoga steadily for a minimum of 1 year with a teacher and have a regular and consistent self practice and / or
- We require you to join the Yoga Foundation program offered by saktiisha yoga centre. If you live abroad, we will discuss further requirements with you – if needed – on an individual basis.
If you have already done a yoga Teacher Training before, or you think you don’t need to follow the Yoga Foundation Training, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org motivating your request and asking for an interview with the head teacher before the start of the Yoga Personal Development.
After your application has been received and reviewed, we will contact you to further discuss your participation in the program.
See below our upcoming online course / training schedule.
YPD – 7 days’ retreat incl training & meditation: 6 – 13th July 2020
Sat 8th Aug 9.00 – 17.00
Sat 22nd Aug 9.00 – 17.00
Fri 18th Sept 9.00 – 17.00
Sat 10th Oct 9.00 – 17.00
Sat 14th Nov 9.00 – 17.00
- YPD online lectures/training will be released upfront and in between training days
Total of 200 hours YPD training in sections as follows:
30 hours of online training / lectures | € 300
50 hours of class training / lectures | € 525
7 days (100 hours) retreat incl training & meditation | € 1050 (incl meals, accommodation, excl travel expenses)
These sections can be purchased separately or as full package amount of €1781,25 (incl 5% discount)
The full package should be paid at once upfront.
- YF-online Yoga Foundation/online | €135
- YF-class Yoga Foundation/4 days class | €415 *1
- YPD-online Yoga Personal Development/online | €300
- YPD-class Yoga Personal Development/5 days class | €525 *1
- YPD-retreat 7 days incl training | €1050 *3
SYTT50 hours YF online + class training €517
SYTT200 hours YPD online + retreat + class training €1781,25
SYTT250 hours personal development: YF+YPD-complete | €2250 *2
SYTT300 hours Hatha Yoga Teacher Certification: YF+YPD-complete+YTC | €2750 *2
*1 including 1 month unlimited yoga practice at saktiisha studio
*2 including 3 months unlimited yoga practice at saktiisha studio
*3 excl travelexpenses, incl meals, training, accommodation
Required reading (some are available in pdf at saktiisha)
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – Georg Feuerstein translation (available in Dutch and English)
- The Yamas & Niyamas, Exploring Yoga’s Ethical Practice, Deborah Adele (ISBN 10:0-9744706-4-3)
- Bhagavad Gita – The living Gita by Sri Swami Satchidananda (ISBN 978-0-932040-27-5-51795) or any other version of Bhagavad Gita that suites you better
- Manual YPD (pdf)
- The Key Muscles of Yoga – Your Guide to Functional Anatomy in Yoga – Ray Long, Bandha Yoga
- The Key Poses of Yoga – Your Guide to Functional Anatomy in Yoga – Ray Long, Bandha Yoga
- Your Body, Your Yoga – Bernie Clark (ISBN 978-0-96876655-3-8-52495)
- Anatomy Trains – Thomas W. Myers (ISBN 978-0-7020-4654-4)
- Patanjali’s Sutra’s ‘Zien door Yoga’ – De Toorts (ISBN 978-0-6020-2999)
Savitri Sattoe – head of faculty and head teacher, overall teachings
Guest teachers: Jane Saman, Riim van den Berg, Marlies de Koning & Edwin Johannes
mail to email@example.com
head of faculty and head teacher, overall teachings
head teacher in Surinam
Riim van den Berg
Asana and Anatomy
Ik bied je yoga, meditatie en holistische gezondheidscoaching. Vreugdevol deel ik mijn passie en vreugde voor hatha yoga en meditatie.